Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Where do you begin

I asked my pastor a question and the question I asked was “where do you begin?” I got a very honest answer, one that I don’t think that I expected. I expected to get a answer more like “read this chapter this verse” “follow steps A through D” and come see me again when you are finished. That’s not even close to what I got. I got a answer more like this “where do you begin? You begin by starting by making the conscious decision that I am going to follow Christ. That is where you begin.” So wow I have already begun, but where am I going? The pastors advice was pick up the bible and start to read it. Read the bible and take it all in and get what you can get out of it and when you are lost or confused or need help let me know I am here to always help. I walked away from the conversation feeling I awe. I felt like for once in my life someone was talking to me about Christ and follow and not talking at me and trying to beat me over the head. “I have put my foot to the path will you walk with me?” That statement will be an on going theme for me. This is going to be an on going project about my journey to Christ. I have always been very open minded to comments and suggestions and encourage many of you to make them.

~Ryan~

2 comments:

  1. What a great decision to have made Ryan! One thing that my husband did when he first became a Christian (I'd grown up in the church) was to go to the local Christian bookshop and ask them what books would be good to read. He also got himself a bible and started from there.

    Whatever you do, just keep talking to God while you do it, He'll help you know which way to head, He'll be on the journey with you.

    Thank you for sharing your blog with me, I shall await more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the family, Ryan, you have made a wise choice my friend! Jesus the answer to all problems!

    Jesus = Jehovah Saves

    ReplyDelete