Monday, October 12, 2009

Cutting Down Tree's

I went to church yesterday and heard one of the most interesting sermons. I am not even sure what part of the bible it is out of but the phrase was “pull the log out of your eye, before you can tell me I have a spec in mine.” I might not even have it fully correct. But none the less still a great piece of advice. I just found lately I find myself looking at the way I view things in life. I find self reflection can be hard at times to look at ones self and say you know I shouldn’t be so hard or judgmental. I find I have been very jaded about the church. Part of it is due to where I work and what I see on a daily basis. I work in a luxury car dealership. I see a lot of preachers coming into my work wearing thousand dollar tailor made suits. They usually drive the most expensive car we make which is around a hundred to a hundred and fifty thousand dollars. The cars are normally tricked out with thousands of dollars of wheels and gadgets on them. I just feel like asking them “what gives you the right?” What gives you the right to take money from people who are struggling to make it day to day and live such an extravagant and flaunty lifestyle? Why are you not giving back and helping the people you take money from and help raise them up into a better place. But I have thought about that a lot lately and have come up “why am I going to let something as insignificant as this damper my relationship with god. Am I really the person to cast judgment?” I think Sunday I realized no I am not. It may frustrate me and I may still look at them and think you can do so much more. But I am not going to be the person to let it interfere with my relationship with Christ. I have discovered not all churches are crooked and just looking for your money. Some are looking for you love and helping you become a better person. I think love is so much more priceless than cash could ever be. Don’t get me wrong having a pocket full of cash is a lot better than having none but it doesn’t make your life better. I think my pastor is right when he says “we are the church the church is not this building. It is you going out into the world living and breathing and doing Christ’s work. That is what the church is.”

3 comments:

  1. You should go see this post I did yesterday, the cartoon one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ryan! I like your picture :) Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete